Anreise mit dem Flugzeug
Departure from Leipzig/Halle Airport
The Leipzig/Halle Airport is situated about 20 km from Leipzig's city center and is used by many airlines. Here you can find a list of destinations from and to Leipzig/Halle Airport.
From Leipzig/Halle Airport to Leipzig main station (or the station "Wilhelm-Leuschner-Platz") the best and cheapest way is by train. It takes 12 or 17 minutes.
From the airport you can get:
- the S-Bahn to the main station or to Wilhelm-Leuschner-Platz (13 / 17 minutes): A one way ticket costs 4,40 € and has to be bought and validated at the ticket machine before entering the train.
- the IC to Leipzig main station (12 miuntes): A one way ticket costs 6,00 € and has to be bought and validated at the ticket machine before entering the train.
The walk from the station "Wilhelm-Leuschner-Platz" to the conference venue takes 5 minutes. From the main station you reach the conference venue (auditorium building of the University) in 6 to 10 minutes walking in southern direction (access via Universitätsstraße or Augustusplatz). You can also get to the venue by tram. Lines 4, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14 or 16 go to the station "Augustusplatz". For more information please look at the website of Leipziger Verkehrsbetriebe.
You find other possibilities to reach the center of Leipzig on the website of the airport:
- Route planner from Leipzig/Halle Airport by bus and train
- Link to airport shuttle service
- Arrival and departure by taxi companies and shuttle services
- Car rental
Departure from Berlin-Tegel Airport (TXL) or Berlin-Schönefeld Airport (SXL)